Thursday, March 29, 2007
there has not been ANY diet coke in 8 days. it's not a record yet. once in my first year university, raquel said that if i could give up diet coke for 2 weeks, she'd write me a letter a week over summer break. i got a lot of letters that summer. so 2 weeks is the record we're aiming to break. and no one is even promising me letters. haha.
so that's the update.
Tuesday, March 27, 2007
Monday, March 26, 2007
Saturday, March 24, 2007
after numerous hours of good conversation, we went for the trivial pursuit on evening #2 which was great. why don't people play more trivial pursuit? i think it's because we think we don't know the answers but as it turns out, age does bring some knowledge and we were suprised at some of the answers we did know! playing in teams, joel and i won -- i obviously wasn't going to let that go by unmentioned!
Thursday, March 22, 2007
now in regards to the "i ate out a lot", today begins a 22 day no desserts/bad snacks/diet coke cleanse. it takes 22 times of doing something to create a habit SO if i go with health foods and no DC for 22 days, hopefully i can ease back into having some treats here and there after 22 days but not go crazy. i've really gotten into some bad habits this month of always needing sweets after meals and snacking all the time. my new years resolutions were trickling away so this is my spring break resolution. get back on track. i went out this morning and did some grocery shopping. bought lots of veggies and chopped them all up for easy access.
get ready for the countdown...it's going to be too many posts about what i'm eating. haha.
Saturday, March 17, 2007
this year, my plans are three-fold. to do alyssa's chores. to visit nevin, his parents and his extended family. to bring dallas flowers after his surgery (oh and see his wife). the next 4 days are going to be packed. i can't wait to see you guys.
as for you other blog readers...this year i have my own camera...get ready for photo montage when i return. i know you can barely contain your excitement. :)
hi dad! see you on the plane.
Thursday, March 15, 2007
Monday, March 12, 2007
count on Monday Mar. 5 @ 8:30pm: 10, 742
count on Monday Mar. 12 @ 8:00pm: 11, 012
and no, they're not all me. when you check from one computer and keep going "back" to this page, the counter doesn't go up.
so even though there's not this many comments, it's nice to know you're reading. :) and a sincere thanks to rachels., alyssa, and ang for not letting me ever have 0 comments. you guys are the best.
i'm into report card mode today and tomorrow. they're due wednesday. i probably won't be posting...but maybe it'll get my creativity (procrastination) flowing... ha.
Friday, March 09, 2007
now i know that rachelj. has spoken of this cancelled tv series before and recommended it but i had just never gone out and rented it. THEN i watched the pilot at a friend's house and was hooked. the humour is so random. and the characters are so different then anything you've ever seen before. watch a few episodes.
Wednesday, March 07, 2007
Monday, March 05, 2007
6 weird things about me:
1) i love love love a sandwich with leftover turkey, dill pickle, cheddar, and ketchup. i can't wait for thanksgivings and christmases just for this sandwich. (umm...i guess i could cook myself a turkey not on these days but hey -- makes it special)
2) i'm a homebody. i'd say most often, if i've made plans to go out, when the day actually comes, everything in me just wants to not go. it doesn't matter if it's my bestfriends and i know i'll have a fantastic time...my first reaction is that i'd rather not go. thankfully, i can most often get myself out the door and if not, i have a husband who gives me a nudge and the "you'll have a great time once you get there" speech. and thankfully i have friends who understand if i cancel once in awhile. :)
3) you know books that have been made into movies? i refuse to buy books whose covers have the movie actors on the front. i hate that.
4) i love "people's court" with judge marilyn milian. if i had tivo, this is what i'd be taping. they're not all white trash.
5) whenever i see those ads on tv for diet pills -- like "hydroxy cut" -- i'm super tempted to buy them. i know i shouldn't want them but i do.
6) i play online yahtzee sometimes. haha.
now if you're here reading this and you don't usually comment, maybe you could comment today with something that is weird about you. or not weird. just let me know that there is someone out there reading my blog.