Friday, April 27, 2012

practicing what you preach?

despite having booked his appointment 9 months in advance, when tim's dentist's office called on monday to remind him that he had an appointment the next morning, he realized he wasn't going to be able to make it.  unfortunately, he called too late and they were closed so he couldn't cancel.  instead, my father-in-law came over to babysit while i went in tim's place. 

i threw everyone at the office off a little and my pre-detinst-appointment month of flossing hadn't happened which made me a little nervous but all in all - glad i went.  but i made a joke about drinking too much coffee and it staining my teeth.  the hygenist asked, "do you drink it black?"  nope, definitely not.  she explained that if there's cream and sugar in it, it doesn't stain your teeth that much but the sugar is what's bad for your teeth.  (not new news) she suggested that if i made sure to brush my teeth after i drank coffee, that would be a good idea for preventing tooth decay.  brushing my teeth after every cup of coffee?  seriously?  which would lead you to believe that she also thinks we should brush after all sugar then, right?  i just wanted to ask, "do YOU brush your teeth that much?"  you have to wonder if hygenists or dentists follow all these suggestions themselves or if they just have to say it. 

just a thought. 

1 comment:

Jen said...

Oh goodness! No, I don't brush my teeth after every cup of coffee. As I sit here drinking it. lol

I'm off to check my alphabet bags you asked about and I will get in touch with you ASAP.

Jen
Creative and Curious Kids!