Wednesday, July 08, 2009

sleep when the baby is sleeping...

this is a nice concept...to sleep when the baby is sleeping. but during the night, i spend a lot of time listening for the baby. and during the day, if i sleep, it means nothing else gets done. i also need to shower and eat meals when the baby is sleeping. and i need to wash bottles and get laundry done when the baby is sleeping. so some days i sleep and other days things (including myself) get cleaned. we're working on the balance. so far, i don't have it.

3 comments:

Margaret said...

"Sleep when the baby is sleeping." Is this some well-known parenting mantra of which I am completely (and perhaps blissfully) unaware?

theRachel said...

I think you are doing great...and my guess is that the balance takes awhile to achieve. Not that I have experience in the parenting area, but it seems that holds true in most areas when you're trying something new. I figure parenting is like a new job (the hardest ever!), and I find it often takes a considerable chunk of time to figure out how to achieve balance - managing time and responsibilities, trying to fit it all in. Be gentle on yourself and allow as much time as you need - you've got a lifetime to figure it out.

You are a STAR, Rebecca. I also love the little monkey Ben is holding - where is it from?

Sharelle said...

That is one good looking baby. I cannot wait to meet Ben on Saturday.

Also, these kind of posts help us all with the "parenting anxiety". (I have a lot of it). Thanks for working it out with us. It's great.