Wednesday, December 10, 2008

in baby news...

i am getting fatter. sure, i knew it was going to happen and don't get me wrong, i'm embracing it with open arms...in fact, helping out a little by eating more than i should and not exercising (you know, i was sick and all for three and a half weeks). but people like to tell me how they can't believe how much i'm showing so early in my pregnancy. (thanks. for your own personal future reference, i wouldn't recommend saying this to pregnant people, even if you're thinking it. ) my mother in law has been convinced that it's twins. and when i went out and bought maternity pants this past weekend, i was starting to come to terms with the fact that...it may just be twins.

i went to the doctor yesterday. i'm not just fat - there's definitely a baby in there. i heard the heartbeat. but he's sure it's not twins. from where he could "feel the top of my uterus" (weird!) it's not high enough to be two babies. phew. but he told me all was well and it was time to call and make my ultrasound appointment. i'm not due for the appointment for another 4 weeks or so but apparently appointments book up fast.

so i called today. the FIRST appointment available: 10:30am on January 21. are you kidding me? sigh - i just want to know if it's a boy or girl. i guess i have to wait a little while longer...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

just testing

Anonymous said...

Rebecca, you are NOT "fat". That is why you are "showing already". It shows faster in thin people. LOL You look great!!!! Jan. is going to be a long wait for your ultrasound. What an exciting day that will be for you and Tim.

Anonymous said...

Ok, so I'm expecting a prompt report on Jan 21. SO GREAT!