Sunday, April 20, 2008

quote it up...

as a favour to Sharelle...haha. i mean, Sharelle did this and now i am too. i'm really not a quote person - i often feel as though i watch a movie with someone and we leave the theatre together with them repeating lines from the movie that i don't even remember. or maybe that's just alyssa. but anyways, i did my best to pick my favs but i'm starting to wonder if other people have even SEEN some of these movies...we'll see...

Pick 15 of your favorite movies.

Go to IMDb and find a quote from each movie (or quote them from memory).

Post them on your blog for everyone to guess.

Fill in the film title once it’s been guessed.These are the players’ rules:
No Googling or using IMDb search functions (don’t cheat!).
Leave your answer(s) in the comments.I pick the quotes; you guess without internet aid. I'll post the results as they come in.


1. The only true currency in this bankrupt world if what we share with someone else when we're uncool. Almost Famous

2. Well I don't want our kids growing up thinking there powerless because of me. Everything they do in this world has a consequence. Our children still believe in miracles. They still believe anything is possible. As long as they believe like that, they're gonna be something. They're gonna make a difference in the world...and that means I made a difference. The War

3. You know what that is? Death. You know what I just did? I defied it. Wild Hearts Can't be Broken

4. Do you know how popular I am? I am so popular. Everybody loves me so much at this school. Breakfast Club

5. "I love the sky. It's so limitless." "It is big. It's very big." "Big doesn't even sum it up, right? That word big...is so small." What's Eating Gilbert Grape

6. I'm impossible to forget, but I'm hard to remember. Elizabethtown

7. The question isn't "what are we going to do," the question is "what aren't we going to do?" Ferris Bueller's Day Off

8. Rather than love, than money, than faith, than fame, than fairness... give me truth. Into the Wild

9. This is one of those key moments in life, when it's possible you can be really, genuinely cool - and I'm failing 100%. Nottinghill

10. I can't seem to stop singing wherever I am. And what's worse, I can't seem to stop saying things - anything and everything I think and feel. Sound of Music

11. I was a little kid, and I was crying for one reason or another. And [my mother] was cradling me, rocking me back and forth...and there was like snot running down my nose. And she offered me her sleeve and told me to blow my nose into it. And I can remember, even as a little kid, thinking to myself, this is love... this is love. Garden State

12. "You don't always have to be who they want you to be, you know?" "I happen to like being adored, thank you!" 10 Things I Hate about You

13. Walk on road, hm? Walk left side, safe. Walk right side, safe. Walk middle, sooner or later...get squish just like grape. Karate Kid

14. A real loser is someone who's so afraid of not winning he doesn't even try. Little Miss Sunshine

15. The first rule of eye makeup is that you can never wear enough blue eye shadow. My Girl

10 comments:

Sharelle said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Is #3 Wild Hearts Can't Be Broken?

Sharelle said...

Okay, let's just be honest, I deleted my comment, because I had two answers for #1, and I wrote one, and then immediately realized it was the other one.

Cheating? I don't know. You decide. I like how I am screwing up my own game. I am a jerk.

#1 - Almost Famous
#11 - Garden State

Thanks for playing, and sorry for screwing it up.

Anonymous said...

I also thought #3 was Wild Hearts...mainly b/c before I read any I knew one would be from that movie. I seem to remember that is one of your all time faves. Also is #10 from Sound of Music?? Maybe I'm way off but it sounded like something Maria would say. Maybe one of them is also from Say Anthing...

Alyssa said...

Ok, here's what I've got...

#12 10 Things I Hate About You

#10 About a Boy? No I don't think that's right... although he does have a problem with singing out loud in class..

#15 My Girl

Anonymous said...

#9...Notting Hill ???

Sharelle said...

I have another one. I just figured it out....

#9 - Notting Hill?

Oh, I hope I am right. I wanted to that one in my quotes, and I completely forget. Good work!

Also - you are right Bec, Alyssa is good at this! Good work Alyssa!

Sharelle said...

Oh, beat by a MINUTE. We were literally posting that Notting Hill one at the same time....

I LOVE this game.

(three comments later)

Anonymous said...

I don't know any, I suck. i've never been good with knowing lyrics of quotes of any sort but I just wanted to comment. It's been months...Thanks for letting me get back in the blog world:)

Anonymous said...

I can't even remember how to post my name. Anonymous is Laura:)