Thursday, December 01, 2011

hey momma!


the other evening, i was driving (with no kids!) to michaels to pick up a few last supplies for my felt christmas tree craft and i was wearing old, black lulus, hiking shoes, and my husband's fleece which is currently the only jacket that fits me. i thought to myself, "if stacy and clinton could see me right now, they'd say, 'it looks like you've given up!'." but some days, i have given up. really, how cute do i need to look to raise my babies at home? i find that when i put the effort in, wear some of the tiny handful of clothes that actually fit me, and do my hair, i wind up feeling more terrible about myself because i'm not the size or shape or look that i want to be. so i'm trying to remember that this is just a short period of my life in the grand scheme of things. it's okay if i'm thinking more about christmas activities for ben than doing something with my hair other than a ponytail.

that being said...i do usually wear jeans when i leave the house. and my hiking shoes were just the closest pair of shoes that night. ;)

i read this blog called the anderson crew for the first time today - it was a good day for it. apparently, it's a weekly thing (?) called, "embrace the camera". "it's not always easy to get in front of the camera", she says and i agree. but i'm linking up today and i'm remembering to embrace myself in the role that i'm currently in.


linking up here:

1 comment:

theRachel said...

Love the pics of you & your babies!