Monday, December 14, 2009

i have confidence in sunshine...

a snowy day outside, ben and i curled up this morning with the sound of music. i have the 40th anniversary edition on dvd and i went straight to the special features and discovered that there's a sing along version! so great. and so began our sing-a-long morning.

ben didn't last long propped up against me on the couch so by the time maria was running for the convent, ben was on the floor. but he had a great view from under the coffee table.
ben's view of maria checking out the ballroom

ben is a fan of the fake pears in case you're wondering...

but a snowy, sing-a-long movie morning with a 6 month old just isn't what it's cracked up to be. as maria rode the bus to the von trapp house, ben was ready for nap time. he's whining on the floor while i'm singing out, "i have confidence in sunshine! i have confidence in rain!". so after maria fell in love with captain von trapp (remember? "i fell in love with you the first time you blew that silly whistle.") but hadn't yet discovered how terrible the children are, i pressed pause and put ben to bed.

we'll have to continue our sing-a-long later...like a few years later.

3 comments:

theRachel said...

Ha, I love this post. I think that it is really time for me to re-watch the show b/c I forget so much of it! Thanks for the reminder...wish I was there to sing along with you and Ben!

Alyssa said...

I'm very impressed with your Sound of Music knowledge:) Wish all my DVDs were sing along!

Cousin Sarah said...

Love the sound of music! ahh well maybe when he's older he will too! And about the pears...he must have inherited it from my mom (I don't think that's even possible) because she LOVES! to decorate with pears!!!