Monday, April 02, 2007

at least it's not christina ricci...

so this past week, i was at my inlaws and my father in law asked me if i knew who liza minelli was. i said that i did. he just couldn't believe that i knew who she was. "how do you know her?" he asks. well...i don't know. I just do. he thought that my haircut made me look like her. hmm...

















so then he says, "if you can tell me who her mother is, i'll give you $5." so i guess in the dark, "debbie reynolds?" he laughs and says no. then he says, "she had that song." and i guess in the dark again, thinking of old people, "judy garland?" "HOW DID YOU KNOW THAT?" he's shocked.


so i got $5...essentially for getting my haircut. ha.

3 comments:

Dan B (no, not Bennett, think harder) said...

Speaking of Judy Garland, there is an exciting and popular new group on Yahoo called THE JUDY GARLAND EXPERIENCE. The group features amazingly rare audio files, great photo's, lively discussions and more. The membership includes Garland family members, new fans, old fans, authors, historians, everyone is welcome. Please come by and check out our little Judyville, you may never want to leave.
http://movies.groups.yahoo.com/group/thejudygarlandexperience/

therachel said...

wayyy to go rebecca! PS - Christina Ricci is actually quite pretty...she is on the cover of the latest Nylon, the Fashion issue...smokin'

Jamie said...

...."thinking of old people"?

You could suggest to him a "double or nothing" if he can tell you who her father was...

Answer: Vincente Minnelli, a Hollywood Director known for musicals like Brigadoon, and Gigi - and "Meet me in St Louis" which starred... you guessed it....Judy Garland - that's when they met and then married a year later.