Monday, August 03, 2009

weight a minute...

so as i got heavier and heavier during my pregnancy, i would joke about how it's okay now but i'll just be fat after i have the baby.  friends would tell me, "oh you'll lose it quickly" or "it comes off so fast".  i unfortunately misunderstood that this was encouragement, not fact.  and here i am 7 weeks later and i am shocked that the extra 60 lbs (yikes!) that i gained has not magically fallen off me.  what?  i have to eat better and exercise to lose this weight?  sigh.  

something that drives me crazy (besides people who say they look bad only to get a compliment) are people who are all talk and no action.  people, for example, who say, "i need to lose weight." but do nothing about it.  that has been me for the last 2 weeks.  if you have hung out with me, i have said, "i'm getting back to the gym this week".  and i honestly had the best of intentions but when the time came for me to go, i rolled over and kept sleeping.  

so i am saying it here, for all to read and keep me accountable (but not in a "don't eat those fries, rebecca" kind of way).  the weight watcher points are back.  and today i am making up a schedule of classes that i will begin tomorrow.  and i'm giving myself 9 months so get back to my old clothes...you know, because that's how long it took me to get here. 

here we go...

(and no comments saying "oh you look great!"...not what i'm going for.) 

4 comments:

Alyssa said...

Good for you! Once you get in the swing of things, I know you are going to succeed... after all, you are the girl who used to go to 2 or 3 classes a day in the pre-baby days:)

theRachel said...

I think that you have set quite a reasonable goal for yourself, time wise, which is smart. You can do it!

Margaret said...

I can't say 'we've all been there!', because, well, I've never had a baby. But I can say that I've had weight-loss goals for myself before and from what I know, you seem to be on the right track. You have a plan, a reasonable goal, and a reasonable amount of time to achieve that goal. Weigh to go!

Anonymous said...

I used to hate when people would look at me and say "you look great for just having a baby!"

What does that mean?? It could mean a few things.
First of all why were they looking at my stomach?! Please don't look there!

Adding the part, "for just having a baby" also meant that I was not my old weight.

I still haven't gotten my old hips back after having my baby. Bye bye old jeans? (sigh!) But the stomach weight does go down and the doctor said my hips will go back eventually (apparently years!).
The extra weight/bigger hips never bothered me but it's just the fact that my body is different. Nothing fits the same. Frustrating! I'm hoping if I hand out around the house in sweats my husband will nominate me for What Not to Wear and I'll get a whole new wardrobe.
Until then I just look at my baby and remind myself that it's all worth it!

The funny thing is, we work to get our 'old' bodies back as much as we can and then we get pregnant and do it all over again! (another sigh!)