this is what the ever revered jack mann loved to tell me when i was growing up. i have been mulling it over today as i drove around town. yesterday i officially started counting calories and making a list of everything i eat. it turns out -- you learn a lot about your eating habits when you count calories. apparently, as i have learned, i like to be eating when i have nothing to do. i've also learned that rarely do i need to be hungry to want a snack. shoot. i guess those are good things to learn about yourself, right? this is hard for the girl who used to eat A LOT. i mean, in university i won a mcdonald's pie eating contest -- 10 pies in one sitting. and yes, i still enjoy mcdonald's pies. of course, this is why i'm watching what i eat now. haha. here's a list of my new favourite snacks:
1. 1/2 cup of frozen peas. when they're frozen, they're like candy. 55 cal.
2. mini bag of smart pop popcorn. popcorn makes you think you're eating a lot. 120 cal.
3. silhouette yogurt smoothies. 80 cal. (but they cost about $1 per bottle)
4. low fat creamsicles. 20 cal each!
5. nutribar "holy cow" bars (chocolate chip). they actually taste great. 100 cal.
of course there's always fruits and veggies blah blah blah. i'm just trying to give you some new ideas if snacking is also your favourite thing to do.