Friday, July 27, 2007

in edmonton...safe and sound

and with minimal bug bites. so far...

yes, tim and i followed the as scheduled plan for three days of backpacking in yoho national park and then had an unscheduled hotel stay in golden,bc when we took off our packs. showers and beds with pillows and SYTYCD was too much to resist. the hiking was hard, the headache count was amazingly only ONE and the size of the hail was about the size of tatertots. i love my new sleeping bag and i have plans to buy a backpacking pillow next time. fleeces and rainjackets balled up just didn't cut it at the end of a long day.

oh, there's many a story but no photos yet so the stories will have to wait until next week...

as for our current staus: we're in edmonton with rach and dall, eating their food and drinking from the cups with our names on them that rachel put in the bathroom for us. what a hostess.

more to come...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

so, I'm at work, and you're at my house. Hee. I'm so excited that you guys arrived safely. I'm glad to hear that you had a night in a hotel - I can't wait to hear the stories of the tater-tot sized hail!! Can't wait to see you and TIm this afternoon!

Anonymous said...

ps - my boss wants to know which hotel you stayed at - her family owns a bunch of them in Golden.

Laura said...

Oh i wish i was in edmonton with you. Have fun and bec, i'm looking forward to your stories!!

Ang said...

Come home I want to pinch your thighs, they must be crazy hard from all those hills.

Ben S. said...

my thighs would be hard but then i came to edmonton where i ate chocolate bars, marble slab ice cream, wendy's, cheesecake, among other terrible for me foods and all hard-thigh-ness was lost. sigh.